PFMA is the principal trade body representing the UK pet food industry. We have over 70 member companies which accounts for over 90% of the UK market. We aim to be the credible voice of a responsible pet food industry.
While striving to achieve a balanced regulatory environment for the production of nutritious & safe food, we also encourage responsible pet ownership working in partnership with relevant pet organisations & charities. We aim to be the main source of information for the public and members. We also play a lead role in forming opinions in Europe through the European Pet Food Federation (FEDIAF).
The Association’s aims and objectives are to:
• Promote pet food products which are safe, of sound nutrition, palatable and which offer value for money
• Promote responsible pet ownership
• Raise standards in the pet food industry
• Represent members' views to UK and EU government departments and enforcement authorities
• Share knowledge on issues and keep members well informed on all industry wide matters
• Stimulate the growth and reputation of the industry by encouraging understanding and good working relationships amongst those associated with pet food
To see how we achieve our aims and objectives, please view our Annual Report.
We work through a committee structure, which has the widest possible representation of our member companies and their sectoral interests. If you would like to read more about our various committees do please view our PFMA Committees Document.